Frequently Asked Questions
Browse our selection of Beko FAQs to find out how to install, properly use or efficiently clean any Beko product.
If a product is dishwasher safe, this will usually be labelled as such. Today most pans and crockery are dishwasher safe.
Below are some examples.:
• Most ceramics are safe to use in the dishwasher.
• Stainless steel is fine to use in the dishwasher. A reaction can occur between silver cutlery and stainless steel, so as a precaution don’t wash them together.
• Pyrex and stoneware baking dishes can usually be washed in the dishwasher, but it’s always best to check the manufacturer’s label if you are unsure.
• Silicone is pretty indestructible and is fine to clean in the dishwasher
There are also some items that you shouldn’t clean in the dishwasher:
• Delicate china or anything that is precious as it could break due to the force of the water jets.
• Wood that has been glued together (like chopping boards) is not ideal, as it can wear with extended dishwashing and could cause the wood to crack.
• Cast iron is also not advisable as it can rust in the dishwasher.
• Heavily soiled items (e.g. items with cigarette ash, candle wax, etc.) shouldn’t go straight into the dishwasher, as they could block the filter. Make sure you clean off any debris on items before loading the dishwasher.