What causes a washing machine not to rinse properly?
Washing machines not rinsing is a common issue and usually means that the washing machine is not draining correctly. This is usually due to the washing machine drain hose being bent or stretched or the drain pump filter being blocked.
How to check the drain hose:
- Turn off the power supply to the washing machine and unplug it.
- Carefully pull the washing machine forward so you can access the drain hose.
- Ensure that the drain hose does not exceed the maximum length quoted in your instruction manual.
Also check that the drain hose has not been crushed, kinked or twisted or is blocked.
- If the drain hose seems fine, you will need to clean the drain pump filter to help the washing machine drain properly
How to unblock the drain pump filter:
- Locate the filter on the bottom right-hand side of the appliance.
- When you open the filter housing there may be a large amount of water, so if your appliance has a drain tube you can use this to reduce the amount of water in the drum. Place a container under the filter to collect the remaining water. Be sure to open the filter housing slowly to avoid too much water being released in one go.
- Open the cover and remove the filter.
- You can then clean the filter by rinsing it under the tap.
- Make sure you replace the filter again properly.
If you need further help, please refer to your instruction manual. If you have lost or misplaced it, don't worry you can download your manual here.
If you need any replacement parts, they can be found here.
Did we answer your question?
Thank you for your feedback
We are so sorry we were unable to answer your question. You might be able to find the answer you are looking for in the ‘Related Questions’ below.
We are always looking to improve our service so would really appreciate your feedback on why we were unable to help you today.
After you have completed your feedback please head over to our Contact Us page for further assistance as we are unable to respond directly to your feedback.